The Mrs. likes nutella and strawberries so I had my eye on this for a while.
Muffin batter was so much different than cupcake batter (much thicker).
Overall, a fun experience. Definitely recommend the recipe!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/3 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a muffin or cupcake tray and place the baking cups inside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and mix until well combined.
5. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
6. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of Nutella to each muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter.
7. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
The original recipe called for turbinado sugar. I didn't have it, so I skipped it.